Every persons life is but a fairytale written by God's own hands
Hans Christian Andersen


Breathtaking

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Have you ever had a moment where you were rendered breathless?

Last night while cleaning up the kitchen I went over and hit the refresh button. For all of you AP's out there, you certainly know the refresh button .It is a love hate relationship that you develop during the wait between you, the computer and the refresh button .
SIGH!
I hit it and something stopped me dead in my tracks ...an email with photos attached. You see I knew last week was Caden's birthday and I hoped and prayed that I would get something , anything.
So, when I opened the email and saw this


 he literally took my breath away



As I studied each and ever detail of these photos, I am amazed how much he has changed. He has gone from a baby to a little man in a blink of an eye.That little baby has been replaced by a chubby cheeked, beautiful, little boy.

Caden is totally taken with that cookie

 Do not get me wrong, I am so excited to see these pictures! But I am reminded today how much I am missing : (


"Give me the cookie already people!!!!!!!!!"

So for just a moment, I got a glimpse of my little guy in all of his birthday glory.Seeing just a small blink of  his first birthday refuels this waiting mommy's heart.
 
 I hope and pray that when he closes his eyes tonight his dreams are filled with memories of an extra special day shared with precious friends and lots of sweet sugar cookies!

I know my dreams will be of a precious little boy that I have never held in my arms or even kissed but love with every bit of my heart and soul.

And that my friends is the beauty of adoption.


Happy birthday sweet baby boy !
We love you beyond words

 

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What a precious baby he is!!!

He is adorable and I hope they gave him that cookie!

BTW, these are the best pics I've ever seen taken with a b-day care package.

Wow!

I hope you can be with him soon!

Leslie (hopingfor08 from RQ)

Jenny said...

I found your blog through the China adopt talk site. You have a beautiful family!!! That boy of yours is PRECIOUS. I know you cannot wait to get your arms around him.
We too are in the adoption process. Hoping and praying we will be DTC in about a week or so. When do you think you'll be traveling. We are looking at June or July---either way, it can't get here fast enough!
Blessing to you!!
Jenny

Twinkle said...

Awwww he's such a little cutie on duty!! Happy Belated Birthday Baby Caden :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
Happy Birthday to your adorable Caden!!! This is a beautiful new blog - I love your pictures! The kids are just soooo adorable!
Best wishes as you prepare to bring your new little one home!
Teresa

Jeanette said...

How awesome that they celebrated and took pictures!!!!! That never would have happened in my daughter's orphanage. He looks well cared for!!! Such a gorgeous little guy!!!

Post a Comment