Every persons life is but a fairytale written by God's own hands
Hans Christian Andersen


Letting go

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I have to be honest this is one of the hardest things to do as a parent. But after years of hovering ,worrying. and loving, ready or not this time does eventually come.
And for me it is here.
It really did not hit me as we prepared for Nick's Senior prom


 or even graduation.




 But on Thursday my baby will turn 18 . I have to be honest his birthday has hit me hard.
 Where did all of the time go????

I have done a great deal of reflection over the past few weeks about letting go. Of course, you never let go completely ...ever. So I would just like to put that out there Nick just in case you are reading this :) But you do have to let go and let them experience life. It is kind of like letting go of their wings that you have been holding on to. Scared to let go to soon because they may fall. But the time does come and you do have to let them fly. 
 I have to say that Nick has made this a little easier for me than I expected. He has grown into such a kind,caring,and  compassionate young man. When friends did not make the "best " choices, Nick did. 

 As a mom all of the hard work has paid off and the person that he has become  has told me that I have done my job well. And trust me there is no greater reward than this.

I love you more than you will ever know my little Raggie Roo. And you have made me the proudest mom ever.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment